They may also need to know what is the best free Screen Recorder for Windows 10, whenever they watch live streaming videos or perform tasks like attending a video conference meeting.
Before diving deep into the topic, let's first take an introduction about Window's latest version i.e., Windows 10.
Introduction to Windows 10
Windows 10 is the latest Windows operating system introduced by Microsoft on 29th July 2015, for personal computers. The idea of rolling updates to the operating system is introduced by this latest Windows OS version.
The “rolling updates to the operating system” meant to improve the system continuously with smaller updates rather than making larger updates through new OS versions.
Windows 10 also has supports for the "Universal apps" which are designed to work on video game consoles, HoloLens, smartphones, along personal computers. The credit for the universality of this app goes to the API, introduced by Microsoft in its previous Windows version 8.1.
Microsoft Edge - is a new web browser that was introduced as one of the biggest updates made in Windows 10, which is completely different from Internet Explorer.
Windows 10 also provides an in-built tool “Game Bar” for recording the screen. Let’s explore this tool in detail.
Windows 10 in-built Screen Recorder: Game Bar
Game Bar is an underrated feature of Windows 10 specially designed for gamers. It is an in-built tool that is a part of the Game DVR feature of Windows 10 that allows us to record the screen or take a screenshot of it while playing the game on PCs.
Game Bar works well with the games downloaded from the Windows 10 Microsoft store as it is enabled by default in these games. It is not only used for games but can also be used for any Universal Windows Platform (UWP) app.
Game Bar can be launched by pressing the WIN+G key together and to start the recording of the screen you just need to press WIN+ALT+R keys together. And if you are using the Xbox controller then it can be launched simply by clicking the Xbox button.
Game Bar should have to be enabled by default but if it is not so, you need to enable it before launching it for use. The steps to enable the Game Bar is given below:
- Click on the Settings option with a cogwheel icon in the Start Menu.
- Select the Gaming option there.
- Click on the Game Bar menu.
- Now, switch On the toggle button there to enable Game Bar in your system.
As of now, you know about Windows 10’s embedded screen recording tool, but many of you might not be aware of why to use it or why else the screen recording is important.
So, before moving towards the list of the best Screen Recorder for Windows 10, let’s see the importance of screen recording.
Benefits of Screen Recorders
As we have discussed above, nowadays most of the business activities, educational activities, etc are going online, where presenters also need to interact with their audience online.
To cope up with such circumstances a tool called Screen Recorders plays a vital role in running the organization smoothly without coming in direct contact with each other.
Basically, Screen Recorder is an underestimated software that is used to capture digital recording of whatever you do on your devices. We will see some of the best Screen Recorder for Windows 10 later in this article.
First, let's see some of the benefits of using them:
Effective Communication with Prospects and Clients
When you are unable to meet your clients face-to-face, then the only option to interact with them efficiently is video conferencing and for a live demonstration of your work, you can share screen recorded clips. These clips may help them to discuss with their team and to make fair decisions.
Create a Copy of Online Streaming Videos
Since all video streaming platforms don’t provide the option for saving or downloading videos for future use or may demand some money for downloading them, in such scenarios, you can make your own copy of those videos with the help of a screen recorder.
You can also make a copy of the video conference meetings for future reference, as no one is that much capable to remember each and every point discussed during the meeting.
Get Appropriate Technical Assistance by Recording System Bugs and Errors
System errors or bugs are the things that can bring your online business to a halt, due to which you may have to face bankruptcy in your business.
So to resolve these system bugs and issues as soon as possible, you can create a recording of those bugs, which can help technicians in understanding and resolving them quickly.
Create Interactive Tutorials for Students and Effective Training Guides For Employees
As video tutorials are more effective to learn, they may help you to understand step by step process to do something on your system. Instructors use video tutorials to make the class interactive and engaging.
And the recorded screen videos also allow students or learners to stop them, whenever they need to do so while learning.
Help in Tracking Employee’s Activities
Screen Recorders allow employers to track the online activities of their employees while they are in the office and also helps in getting better insights into the work in progress.
This may help employers to get insights on the productivity of their employees, how they interact with the clients, which applications they used the most, and if they are really getting benefitted from the tools or features that have been recently enabled in their systems.
As we now know, why Screen Recorders should be used? Let’s see the list of some free as well as paid, Best Screen Recorder for Windows 10.
List of Best Paid Screen Recorders
For recording the screen, we need some screen recorder tools or screen recording software. Some of the Best Screen Recorder for Windows 10 are discussed below:
- It is the highest-paid screen recording software available in the market at present, developed by TechSmith. It might always be present in the list of the top 10 best Screen Recorder for Windows 10. This software has 14 million users worldwide.
- Camtasia claims that it is capable of making polished and professional-looking screen-recorded videos. It is all-in-one software used for video editing along with recording system screens.
- It is used for recording the full screen along with the webcam, microphone, and computer sound. The latest version of Camtasia came in 2018. It provides a free trial of 30 days with a watermark added. The cost of using its paid version is $249.
- Download Camtasia.
- The next Best Screen Recorder for Windows 10 is Screencast-O-Matic. It is a web-based screen recording software that launches directly from the web browser.
It is widely used for creating flipped classrooms for educational purposes in which students, as well as instructors both, communicate alternatively.
- It is also used for creating video games walkthrough, video tutorials for students, transforming power-point presentations into a video with narration, or creating videos for helping technicians in solving system errors.
- It also helps in Scripted Recording in which you need to first write the script and records the audio of it and then the screencast.
- The free version of it limits the screen recording up to 15 minutes with a watermark added in the videos. The charge for using its paid version is $1.50 per month.
- Download Screencast-O-Matic.
- It is a lightweight screen recording software that also supports game recording and device recording along with screen recording. It is developed by the Bandicam company. It saves high-quality recorded videos in MP4 or AVI format.
- The free version of it allows a screen recording of 10 minutes per video with added watermark. If anyone wants to record their screens without a watermark they need to pay for it. The charge for using its paid version is $39.99.
- Bandicam creates 4K ultra-high-definition videos with 120 frames per second. It allows recording videos of fullscreen. It also helps in recording games that use graphics technologies like Vulkan, OpenGL, or DirectX.
- Download Bandicam.
Icecream Screen Recorder
- It is developed by Icecream Apps and has very basic video editing and screen recording features. But these basic features are sufficient for creating video tutorials, recording games, or online streaming videos.
- The free version of it allows a screen recording of 5 minutes and saves the video with only one format (WEBM) and video codec (VP8). The paid version of it allows saving the video in AVI, MP4, MOV, and H.264 format along with MPEG-4 codecs.
- The paid version of it also provides features like scheduled recording, trimming the beginning and end of the videos, adding custom watermarks as well.
- Download Icecream Screen Recorder.
List of Best Free Screen Recorders
As not everyone wants to spend money on such screen recording features, they must be curious to know about the best free Screen Recorder for Windows 10. So, for those guys, some best Screen Recorder for Windows 10, which are also free are discussed below:
- It is an all-in-one screen recorder developed by Atomi Systems and having video editing tools with it.
- It is the preferred software used by YouTubers, trainers, educators, video creators, who like to create how-to videos, step-by-step tutorials so that users can follow it step by step and fulfill their requirements.
- After recording screens it also provides different features like trimming, splitting, adding annotations, animations, and closed captions, etc for editing the videos.
- The free version of it doesn’t add any watermark to the videos after recording and also there is no time limit for creating them.
- The paid version of it is also available which helps in creating impressive videos and software simulations by adding advanced audio and video editing features to it.
- Download ActivePresenter.
Open Broadcaster Software
- Also represented as OBS Studio is a free and open-source software used for recording screens as well as creating live streaming videos. It allows you to customize the size of the screen to be recorded based on the requirement.
- It has customizable hotkeys that help you to control the recording of the screen and an audio mixer that allows you to create videos with smoothly recorded sounds without any noise.
- The free version of it allows you to create videos without any time limit. It is built using the Qt toolkit, used for creating graphical user interfaces and cross-platform applications that can run on any hardware or software platform.
- Download Open Broadcaster Software.
- It is a chrome extension used for recording screens and editing those videos and also for sharing them with ease.
- It provides all the options for creating and editing videos irrespective of whether you are trained or untrained video creators. After recording videos it automatically saves them in Google Drive.
- Screencastify helps users to focus on the critical stuff by using the annotation tool. In this, mouse spotlight, click highlighting, draw pen tools are also included for drawing the user's attention.
- Like other best Screen Recorder tools, it also allows you to exports the recorded videos as animated GIF, MP3, or MP4 videos.
- Download Screencastify.
- It is a free and open-source utility software used for capturing screen videos. It allows you to capture the part of the screen or the entire screen based on the requirement.
- ShareX doesn’t add any watermarks to the videos created and also there is no time limit for creating videos in it. It allows you to save the recording, as GIFs instead of video.
- The video-sharing feature of ShareX is of greatest benefit as it allows us to share the videos directly on YouTube or any other social media platform.
- In addition to screen recording, it is also capable of capturing the text and revealing them via OCR and can also record the whole scrolling web pages.
- Download ShareX.
Editor's Choice of Best Free as well as Paid Screen Recorders
As of now, we have seen some of the best Screen Recorder for Windows 10. You might be interested in knowing which one is the best-paid Screen Recorder along with what is the best free Screen Recorder for Windows 10.
According to me, the best-paid Screen Recorder is the one that also provides a professional look to your videos along with providing all the features of recording and editing them, and that one software is Camtasia.
The free, as well as the best Screen Recorder for Windows 10, is the one that allows you to make videos without any time limit and watermarks, along with all the features required to record, edit, share the videos.
The name of that free software is Open Broadcaster Software. It also helps in creating live streaming videos.
Windows 10 is the latest version of Windows OS which comes with the idea of rolling updates to the operating system. The rolling updates to OS mean creating smaller updates continuously rather than creating a newer version for each update.
Windows 10 has an in-built Screen Recorder software called Game Bar, which can be used for recording screens while playing games. It is specially developed for gamers, as a part of the Game DVR feature of Windows 10.
Screen Recorders are the type of utility software that is used to capture digital recording of whatever you do on your system. The advantages of using Screen Recorders are as follow:
- Effective Communication with Prospects and Clients
- Creating a Copy of Online Streaming Videos
- Getting Appropriate Technical Assistance by Recording System Bugs and Errors
- Creating Interactive Tutorials for Students and Effective Training Guides For Employees
- Tracking Employee’s Activities
There are many screen recording software available in the market, some of the best free, as well as paid Screen Recorders, are mentioned below:
- Best Paid Screen Recorders
- Icecream Screen Recorder
- Best Free Screen Recorders
- Open Broadcaster Software (also called OBS Studio)
According to me, Camtasia is the best screen recorder for Windows 10 in the paid category as it provides polished and professional-looking videos which can be used for business purpose.
Whereas Open Broadcaster Software is the best screen recorder for Windows 10 in the free category as it allows you to produce live streaming videos along with screen capturing ability.
If you are interested in reading about ongoing or upcoming changes in the field of technologies through such interesting articles, get them here at SocialMirror.
If you have any queries related to the article, you guys can ask me in the comment section below.